twitter

Breast cancer survivor wins £2.5m lottery prize

Posted on 4:00 PM by Sameer Shah



However Tracy Foster said that she would rather have kept her health than won the money.

The 40-year-old said: "You can't put a price on your health. You can't pay not to have cancer. I'd much rather have not got ill and not got the money but it looks like my luck is changing now.

"Being diagnosed with cancer was quite a shock in itself but that's not as hard as dealing with the treatment.

"The last year has probably been the worst of my life but this year could be the best.

"I always said every cloud has a silver lining and that something good comes out of something bad. This proves it.

"It's all very overwhelming."

The divorced mother of two won a total of £2,561,513 in the July 30 draw with her regular numbers 4, 26, 28, 32, 44 and 46.

She said: "I was at home on the phone to my friend while checking the Lotto numbers on the internet when I realised I had matched five numbers. I dashed round to her house in my dressing gown. I then called my mum who was staying with my aunts. None of them believed me.

"My aunt checked on the internet and told me I had won over £2.5 million. I was gobsmacked and still am."

Ms Foster, from Benfleet, Essex, was diagnosed with breast cancer in February last year and underwent successful surgery to remove a lump. She has a scan scheduled later this week to check that she is still clear of the illness.

She said she was happy with the NHS treatment she received and had no plans to seek private care.

The self-employed catalogue distributor lives in a three-bed semi-detached house with her sons, Ross, 20, and Ryan, 16, said she was hoping to buy a new home, with "four or five bedrooms". She is also looking forward to a luxury December break in New York and to buying a new car.

She said her sons had drawn up a wish list, with items including laptops, iPods and a Wii games console.

But she added: "They won't get everything because I want them to understand the value of money."

The millionaire who has treated herself to £1,000 worth of new clothes has been playing the Lottery since 1994.

She said: "A few weeks ago I jokingly said to my Mum I was going to win the lottery, but didn't think it would actually come true."

No Response to "Breast cancer survivor wins £2.5m lottery prize"